|The Leaky Cauldron|
- "For a famous place, it was very dark and shabby."
The Leaky Cauldron is a world-famous, yet small, dirty pub, located in London. It is extremely difficult to notice, and only witches and wizards can see it. The pub is very dark and shabby on the inside, and usually full.
On 31 July, 1991, the Leaky Cauldron was quite full, with a few old women sitting in the corner drinking sherry and smoking pipes, a small old man in a top hat and a number of other witches and wizards, all of whom rushed to shake Harry Potter's hand when he entered.
Across the bar from the London entrance is a small, dusty courtyard with nothing but some bins and a few weeds. Across from the exit leading into this courtyard is a certain wall that leads into Diagon Alley; to enter, one must tap the brick three up and two across from the dustbin with their wand, thrice.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince